Funeral Arrangement Checklist
Click here for a downloadable Adobe .pdf version of this page: Funeral Arrangement Checklist.pdf
What To Bring To The Funeral Arrangements
- Clothes you choose for your loved one (including under garments—shoes are optional. Also jewelry can be used and can be left on or removed and returned after a wake.
- Items you and your family want to put in the casket
- Photos and other mementos for display
- Photos for obituary, prayer cards or makeup
- Military Discharge, Form DD-214 (if applicable, for military honors)
- Method of Payment (Cash, Check, Bank Check, Major Credit Card)
- Deed for cemetery (if available)
- Any obituary notes or drafts (hobbies, accomplishments, memberships)
- Any vital statistics (Social Security#, birthday, parents names, home address)
- Any notes on decisions about services or questions to ask
People to Contact (usually done after the arrangement meeting)
Clergy or Funeral Celebrant
Family and friends who would wish to attend
Florists (if flowers desired)
Reception hall or restaurant (if applicable)
Any organizations the deceased was active in who may want to attend
Anyone assisting in the services
- Where do you want any memorial contributions to go?
- What about family members unable to attend or who need help with transportation?
- Bring any of the items listed above that were not brought to the arrangements