The Arrangement Meeting
The arrangement meeting generally takes about an hour. Any family or friends you wish to invite for support are welcome. At the arrangement meeting, our funeral director will assist you with the necessary details of the funeral preparation process. This may include:
1. Asking all the vital statistics questions required by the state for legal filings
2. Choosing the funeral services and merchandise
3. Drafting newspaper obituaries
4. Obtaining signatures and any authorizations necessary for the services you choose
5. Discussing any details requiring follow up answers.
It may be helpful to print the following forms to review before the arrangement process and to bring with you:
It is also helpful if you bring in such items as:
Please don 't worry if you do not have all the information and items to bring to the meeting. It is rare that someone does. We will work with you and can offer help if there is information you can 't find answers to.
Around the arrangement meeting, the funeral director's main function is to assist you in the background with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services funeral directors provide are:
(next: The Funeral)