Helen C. Koeppen
April 18 2012 - August 24, 1913
Helen C. Koeppen, 98, of Stamford, wife of the late John L. Koeppen, died April 18th, 2012 in Greenwich Hospital.
Born in Bayonne, New Jersey, August 24, 1913, daughter of the late Peter and Mary McShane McGough, upon her mother’s untimely death she was adopted by her mother’s sister, Katie and her husband Harry Larkin. Her early life was spent in Corona, Queens, New York, where she was active in St. Leo R. C. Parish. She was a member of the Mothers’ Club, Legion of Mary and other church activities. Mrs. Koeppen became an operator for New York Telephone, and worked there over twenty years prior to retirement.
Moving to Red Bank, New Jersey in the late 1980’s, ironically Mr. and Mrs. Koeppen joined and became active in another St. Leo Parish, in Lincroft, New Jersey. They remained in New Jersey for over twenty-five years, prior to coming to Connecticut in 2008.
Helen cherished her extended family and all of their children. She had many lifelong friendships and was loved by all who knew her. Helen was most at home in her kitchen: she graced us all with her beautiful smile.
Survivors include two daughters; Barbara A. Reilly and her husband Deacon Paul Reilly, of Stamford and Jean McCarthy, of Los Angeles, CA, one sister; Lucille Anthony, of Atlantic Highlands, NJ, sister-in-law, Therese McGough, of Poughkeepsie, New York, sister-in-law and brother-in-law; Jean and Bob Schwarz, of East Northport, New York, and a granddaughter; Kelly Mills and her husband, Sean, many nieces and nephews.
She is predeceased by five siblings; Marguerite Mulhern, Anna and James McGough, Teresa Larkin and Larry McGough.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated Monday at 10:00 A. M. in St. Philip Church, 1 Fr. Conlon Place. Burial will follow in Mt. St. Mary Cemetery, Flushing, NY. Friends may call Sunday, at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Avenue, from 4:00 to 8:00 P.M. Memorial contributions are requested to St. Philip R. C. Church, 1 fr. Conlon Pl., Norwalk, CT 06851 or ALSC/9:00 Players, 1370 North St. Andrews Place, Los Angeles, CA 90028.